16 January 2007

Sola ho parlata italiano...per favore...

I started my (seems like 8th) italian classe. I venture to Centro Internazionale Studenti Giorgio La Pira, vicino Piazza Repubblica. I really like the class. Claudia is our insegnante(teacher) and she is very bubbly and helpful. I felt I was able to speak rather well at first. Then when it came to describe what we did over Capadonno(La Befana), I was speaking in a bunch of incomplete sentences. I felt like an idiot. For those that don't me personally, I am sooooo hard on myself, let it be with soccer, work, life, friends, speaking a different language. I WANT TO BE PERFECT!! VOGLIO PERFETTO ESSERE!!! I am pretty sure that is wrong. But if you know the right answer please be kind, cuz I am one that will for some reason, feel like a complete idiot for a good 2 hours after being told. Yeah....I need to become more confident in speaking italian. That is all. I just need to DO IT! Damn it just do it!!

I met a danish girl in my class, she doesn't speak that much inglese, so I hope to hook up with here and speak only italiano!! How great would that be???

I just can't find a way to back down, cuz I know, knowing me, like I am doing now, stalling until there isn't time for Valentina to take me driving.

I really need to drink more...vino that is. I need to relax and find a way of not getting so tense and nervorso about everything!

I am going to buy a pilates mat in the next few days so I can find peace in this experience instead becoming a tense American, who isn't fun to live with. If anyone can give me some encouragement for this dilemma I am creating for myself, I would truly appreciate it!

Domani e nuovo giorno!!

a presto

4 comments:

erin said...

Ah Katerina....we'll be in that situation soon too (that is learning a language and trying to not get too frustrated).

So what I'm telling myself already (and some encouragement for you...) is:
Remember, it's not the Destination (perfection)...it's the Journey (learning!)

Anonymous said...

Jim Rouley said hi and has your blog and buddy list name. I sent it to Michelle also.

love dad

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Katerina, you've been here what, 10 days? Give it time! Italian is very difficult for those of us who never had to worry about the gender of anything except in the dating field. Vuoi essere perfetta ma non è possibile! Questa è la vita. Come dice Vasco Rossi, domani è un altro giorno--arriverà! Forza!

Anonymous said...

I went to the Centro Giorgio La Pira for almost 2years (1.5). If you study and apply yourself it can be quite good. Unfortunately in my clases many people just drifted away.
Good luck