13 January 2007

A day with Bob





So I found my way back to my old stopping grounds today, Fiesole. Where my italian obsession bloomed into the pulsing beat in my life, ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA. I trudged up the steep streets in Piazza Mino and noticed the new and improved Piazza. They have been reconstructing for about 2 years or more. It looks great though. Still part of the Piazza is still being excavated...looks terrible.

Anywho, I saw the famous bakery that made me fat, the co-op where I purchased many cheap and even not too apealing vino in a box. Pasted by the old travel agency that booked us many a ticket to place like Verona, Ravenna, e Londra. Then the tabacchi shop that we all part at least one bus ticket to head down to Firenze.

Finally I arrived facing the steep drive to Villa Bonelli. AHHHHHH!!! The memories walking up that drive so inhibriated that we couldn't walk completely straight. I pass the wall Rosa, Emily, Angie e Bridget climbed up to get into the Villa after hours. It is amazing how we did that after drinking so much. Round the corned up the stairs and who opens the door, Bob Conner. An old friend, teacher, and hilarious older man. Simone shows his happiness I am back with a big smile. We sat and chatted for about an hour and a half, the three of us, then me and Bob took a stroll around Fiesole. Giving tidbits on who owns what, what store moved where, what food is good, great to see him! The New SMU students were arriving mostly today and tomorrow, met a few of them and let them know a little about, becuz Bob introduced me. Such young people, I can't even remember what I was thinking back then.

All I know is, I WAS SOOOO EXCITED!!!!

Thus began my journey to bel paese 4 times over.



-domani e nuovo giorno!

No comments: