19 January 2007

Good Night Sleep

I woke up feeling refreshed today. I am starting to make the girls bottles and the coffee in the morning. At least on the weekdays...It hasn't been too bad. I hate messing up but V always tells me if I did it wrong. I am feeling a little closer to her every day. Trying to again take it day by day, not letting somethings she says bother me from the day before. I am doing the best I can with her children. We are bonding more and more every day and I hope to have them like me even more as the months pass on.

Italian class is going well. It is good that I try to speak with my friends and other people.

Constantly speak to people. That is the key.

Speaking until I am blue in the face.

domani è un altro giorno


a presto

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there
My names Lisa, I was an aupair in Florence for a year in 2002-2003 for an amazing family. I also was and aupair in Milan for 1 month. Don't feel stressed if you don't get everything right away. It can be so hard aupairing as you feel you are always at work! Things didn't work out with the first family in Milan but Florence was wonderful. Communication is the key! And remember that often words, sarcasm, kindness and so forth are lost in translation! I found many times I was upset over something that was nothing! Hope this helps. I enjoy reading your blog as it reminds me of my times there!!! Good Luck. Oh and I also worked at the Aveda salon in Florence called Contrasto, it is behind the Ufizi. The stylists there are awesome. They don't speak much english which is how I learned so quickly. If you have time for a second job it can help to find Italian friends as well as extra money!!!

katerinafiore said...

Ciao Lisa,
How did u work around their schedule...i have been to that Aveda salon and they are very nice. email me with that info. I want to speak more badly.

grazie mile and thanks for readinf my blog,
katerina

Anonymous said...

Hi again

Both the kids were older and in school so I would drop Nicco (9)off at 8 and then go to work from 9 til 12 or 1 depending on the day. Then I would pick up the other girl, Giulia(13) at 2 when she was done school. So really I would only work at the salon for 3 to 4 hours Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Friday and then all day Saturday. Do you still go to the Contrasto? I keep in touch with a few people still there and hope to get back to visit in the next couple years. I love reading your blog so keep up the good work!