23 December 2006

K is my favorite letter!

Well I told sognatrice that I would find words beginning with K, alas there aren't many words that start with K that I can think of. So I will use C as well. Ok with that?

1. Kindness- I received such a reception during my last week at my job. A co-worker, make me a cake of the Italian Flag and in the middle it said "Buona Fortuna Katie". I received a gift certificate worth way too much. I received so much kindness and support I am speechless. I was given a beautiful purse from a great friend who wanted me to carry her with her while I'm trekking thru Florentine streets. Never expected that reception at all....very memorable.

2.Cats-My cats have been constantly surrounding me lately. I have three in my house. 2 russian blue cats, Tascha(who is 99) and Carson(who weighs 200lbs) and also my mom's siamese kitten, Lilybillies(well that is my nickname for her). I think they know I'm leaving. Funny, the animals always know.

3. Kleenex-Just a friendly fact about me, I always need to have Kleenex with me. I have allergies and get the sniffles all the time and also near my bed at night. I also am obsessed with with moisturizer. Like face moisturizer.

4. Knowledge- It pays to know everything about becoming a citzen of Italy. I went to the consulate on Friday to hand in(one last time) all the documents Mr. Oddo would like to finalize my citizenship. Alas, one more thing Mr. Oddo forgot to mention to me, I need to translate all of the english documents. D'UH! And get the American birth certificates "apostile" by the Secretary of State. D'UH D'UH!!!! Long story short, I am going back next week before I leave.

5. Koala-My favorite animal when I was a child. Same with Kangaroos. Can you take a guess why??

6.Kumquat-A fun word to say.

7.Kudos-I am giving Kudos to my new friend Bec from Australia, who will be arriving in Firenze for the first time on January 5th and will be working as an au pair, just like me. Oh, and she is 19 years old. Very brave girl!! Can't wait to meet ya Bec!

8.Knickers- My knickers have been not fitting me too well these days. I have been doing Pilates for a year now and I feel I have finally lost all the weight from college and my boozing days as a "just 21 year old". So I need to buy some new knickers before I leave or hopefully I get a pair from Santa(crossing my fingers)!!

9. Kismet- This is a great word that means fate, destiny. I feel this represents my journey as a Italophile since 2002. Thank you Saint Mary's University in MN!!!!!!!!

10.Kiss-Oh "A kiss on the hand can be quite continental, but a diamonds are a girl's best friend" yes I love the Moulin Rouge soundtrack and periodically I break out in song. I love to sing! Back to the aforementioned word, I have been getting kiss after kiss after kiss after kiss after kiss after kiss after kiss after kiss from my dear MAMMA!!! I can't seem to get enough of them. As well as from my niece Addy, I come up to kiss her and she opens her mouth and starts sucking on my face as if I was my sisters titino. (as my Nana calls it) She makes me laugh smile, and happy, Addy and my MAMMA!!! I love you MAMMA!!!!!!!!

Well there you go, my list of K's and one C. HA! Yes I looked in the dictionary for the rest. Ok well I am going to get back to packing.

10 days and counting.....

1 comment:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Brava! And I don't have any problem with swiping a C ;) Happy holidays!