06 December 2006

Family

I know that my life will change a bit when I get back to Firenze. But I know for sure that my family is the most important thing in my life. Yes friends come and go, but my family is always there. I know I will make more and more friends upon my arrival. Cuz that is just how I am, I LOVE LOVE LOVE meeting new people. I like to hear their stories, how they fell in love with italy, how they found themselves taking the plunge across the pond.

I love to know how being who I am has effected others way of thinking. Like for instance, my good friend Maggie. I met her back in Feb 2005. We were both in FLorence at the exact same time. AND we both are from Crystal Lake, IL. AND she played volleyball with my younger sister. AND we both have a weakness for Italian men. :-)

She and I became fast friends after that encounter. Once we were walking down the streets of Chicago and she said to me, "Katie, whenever you are around, I always see everything Italian!"

That is something special for me. Just to know that I am an influence on my friends and family that speaks the word "ITALY".

Back to family, I know it will be hard for them to see me go, but as I told my Mom last night: "When the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window." From my governess, Julie Andrews. Don't worry Mom, I will be fine.

Love you!

1 comment:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Oh my how you've changed! The new look is great!

I can't tell you that it's not difficult living far away from your loved ones, but like you said, there will be windows that will open. And the great thing about family and true friends is that they're always there for you (and you for them) no matter the distance--hopefully you can still all enjoy your journey together!