17 December 2006

Driving stick shift....can stick ya.

Last night I drove around an empty parking lot with my new friend Emmanuel. Oh with his volkswagen,which is a stick shift. YES everyone, I have mastered the stick shift car!! (applause applause)

I will be meeting with him hopefully once or twice more so I can get real comfortable. Alas that is my current and rather easy goal when driving stick shift. I will then set a goal for me to be comfortable and safe in Italian traffic. EEEEEKKKKKKKK!!!!! Yes, as you can tell from my nervous 'EEEKKK' , I AM TERRIFIED!!! I think as long as I master it here, I shall be able to adjust, perhaps slowly, into Italian traffic. Well we will see I'm sure.

Today, we, Nana, Mom, Bryan, Emmy, Jen, Baby Addy, baked the annual breads. It has been a long tradition started by my Nana and my Mom right after she had my oldest sister Jen. We baked about 50 breads. And they are YUMMMY!!!! Success once again!!!

Also today, I had a buyer looking to buy my car. Yes I will be selling my 2002 blue cavalier to help my finances abroad. It made me think a lot today. I really love my car, she is just perfect for me. Then I started thinking about my family, my sisters, my bro, my mom, dad, jay, nana, papa, baby addy, and then I started to think.....should I leave?

OK WAIT A MINUTE KATIE......YOU CAN NOT START TALKING LIKE THIS. OH NO!!! I am such a sentimental baby girl. I don't know about the rest of you girls out there, but once I hit my mid 20s, everything makes me cry. Stupids Christmas commericals, tv shows, books, people confronting me on work and telling me its my fault, I am soooo f......king emotional all of the sudden. Ok not 'all of the sudden' I cried in college too for stupid reasons....whatever....back to my point.

Why is it that I cry about these things when in hindsight there is no point? My Mom says it is becuz you are growing up and that is what happens, you realize that you shouldn't take life for granted or family or anything. Makes sense right? Well then riddle me this, why didn't I cry once during my announcement to my Nana and Papa I was leaving for a year to live in Italy and be in another person's house taking care of their children??? I saw my mom balling her eyes out across the table, my nana next to her, and my dad and papa making jokes about them crying. But not once when I looked into my mother's eyes did I choke up. WHY???

I will finish this thought tomorrow I am super tired.

2 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

I've gotten bitten by the crying bug too as I've gotten older too. I think your lack of tears has to do with your excitement and general happiness. I wasn't weepy at all when I "moved" over here (thinking I'd be gone for a few months before I returned). But when I went home for a visit and then returned here, knowing it'd be for the long haul, I was very emotional leaving. You'll have enough teary moments in your life--appreciate the lack of them!

katerinafiore said...

Thanks michelle! I believe that is true too.