23 February 2007

Prima volta guidare...

Yesterday was the first time I picked up the girls with V's car. It was a great accomplishment for me. As I turned the corner of the small street where the school lies, a HUGE truck was in reverse trying to get out of the small street and eventually make it to the main road where the stoplight is. I said to myself, ok Katie where is a good place to manuever this car? Ok I wish I was a little more calm, but I was fine. I stalled just once trying to back up and then pull in on the left side of the road where it was clear. I paralleled parked and waited as the huge, ginormous truck backed up behind me. As I pulled out, I thought, well it is just that easy. To be calm, know how to work the car, it was just fine.

As I reached the schools, I found a perfect spot to park, away from the hustle and bustle of the Italian mothers, on the other side of Maria's school. I then sat and waited, read my book, and called my Dad to tell him I made it once again. "So proud of you," he said. Made me feel once again, that I really can conquer anything if I put my mind to it. Nothing can stop me. I truly believe that.

So as I walked the girls to the car, strapped then in, and we were on our way home, approx. 15 minutes. I made the green light at the hill I always stall on so I felt great about that. The hill is very hard to work through but I hope as I drive more and more I will eventually conquer that hill. It is like my Everest, to say the least or the most in my case. That hill consists of 4 different stoplights with 4 different roads that have certain ways to turn and drive through. Each light goes off one at a time for each different direction. It is nothing like Walkup Ave and Rte 176 in Crystal Lake(my town). This is a very complicated intersection. Anyways once I conquer this hill without stalling, I will let you all know.

Ok enough about driving and intersections, sorry to bore you. These past few days I have been under the weather. I think because of the constant change in weather, it is 65 degrees one day and 40 degrees the next. I haven't been out in awhile which is fine with me. I can't go out every night, that is not my style anymore. No longer am I a 21 year old 'let's get drunk all the time' type of woman. I like staying in and going to bed at like 10 and waking up feeling refreshed. It is a great feeling being refreshed for a new day.

Oh I have another visitor this weekend, my Uncle Dave is in town tonight I believe, and is staying until Sunday I believe. We are going to hang out all Saturday, day and night. It will be great to introduce him to all my friends and take him a nice authentic Italian ristorante or trattoria. It shall be a fun fino settimana!!

No comments: