21 February 2007

My Masters, My Reasons

I spoke with my friend Daniella last night about NYU masters program of Italian Studies that she is involved in. She explained how the woman that is her advisor is the director of this new and improved program. It is a very small program and she is open to letting people with different backgrounds of bachelors in this program because it is so small. I asked is she was easy to work with and kind to her, and she told me that she is very intimidating at first because she is a scholar. She has published many books and have received many awards for her work. She considers this program her baby, so she is willing to let someone into her program that has the potential and the experience.

So Daniella is going to give me her email so I can contact her and perhaps meet with her.

WOW!!!!

I really am in awe of this. How could this have happened so perfectly or not? I mean how I just randomly met Daniella thru Michelangelo, 'Katie she speaks fluent Italian', he said to me one random night. And by that weekend we met and started talking.

What a Citta!!! I love you Firenze, my love! How do you always know what to say? You have a way with words and pointing me in the right direction. How do you do that? I think you are MARVELOUS!! You are my baby, and I hope we never part ways. Mwahhh!!! Bacione!!

As my Mom always says, 'Everything happens for a reason'. And I believe there is reason I was sent to this family to care for their children. There is a reason why met Tina, tango is a powerful tool, and it sucks y0u in. She opened my eyes to a different perspective of Italia and life. There is a reason I bought my Nana and Papa tickets to Italy. She has a passion just like me, I feel it is for her a wonderful gift to see her brothers and go back to a time where her life was much different and in some ways better. It brings her back to her heritage, back to her parents, grandparents, traditions, and most importantly BREAD! :-) There is a reason why I found my 2 friends Theresa and Becca. One is working here as an engineer and needed to make more friends outside of work. We did just that. Now my friends ask where Theresa is. Becca is a young girl taking on a big challenge of living with a family that is very demanding. She is a beginner to the Italian life as well. So I helped her meet people and show her the ropes. Great girls! There is a reason Simone is there for me and always making sure I am being the best I can be! He has gotten me into Yoga, expressing myself more, and just more importantly being myself. He is a gift. He is a sweetheart and am grateful he is a still a great friend. There is a reason I remember everything that happens in my life. Michelangelo said it is because I write down my thoughts, yes I believe so, and also I think it is because this experiences in my life are unforgettable. Nothing is the same. Nothing is a repeat. So I must remember it because I know the next year there will be new experiences to remember and reminisce about.

There is a reason I thought about my Niece Addy last night, I think she was thinking about me. And also miss her very much. She is getting bigger every day and I love to see the pictures that my sister has taken. I believe there will be over 2,000 pictures of that adorable girl by the year's end. Maybe more.

There is a reason I am here. In Italy. In Firenze. In my heart and soul lies strength, determination, and perseverance. I refuse to change that about myself. I like myself that way. Taking on challenges, moving on from my mistakes, and becoming stronger from them, that is very important to me and about me. Even though being here is hard on my family and me, I feel that if I wasn't here I would be the evolving soul I am today. I wouldn't be happy. I wouldn't feel complete. Although this isn't a place I will live forever. There are too many people I will miss if I left forever. But again, who knows. I leave that in God's hands. In any case, that is neither here or there. The present awaits for Katie to mold herself into who I will become for future endeavors.

There is always a reason, if you feel you need to explain those reasons it will help you know who you are and why you are who you are. I love that.

a presto
love you mom, dad, jenny, jay, emmy, bry, addy, nana, and papa. thanks for letting me be ME....always.

No comments: