24 July 2007

Winding down...

I leave on Thursday morning for the country again. I will be happy to out of Firenze for awhile. I am getting sick of the same old scene I see day in and day out. The girls are great and I am glad it will be awhile until I get to be back in Florence alone again. I need to get away.

I spent the day with Maria and Emma(her cugina). Carolina is still with Nonna Elvira and her other cugine, Livia and Vittoria. She keeps telling V, "Domani, Mamma..." Very funny!

We first went to the park this morning with the bike to wait for Emma to arrive. We played with the chalk on the ground, rode the swing, and went down the slide numerous times. Then when Emma arrived her Nonna bought 10 rides for them around the Merry-Go-Round. It was about the 10th time when I'm like "Finalmente, Andiamo a casa."

I made them each a plate of pasta with meat sauce from l'Ada. They ate happily, then for dessert a banana each.

I really didn't have to do much this afternoon because they happily played together. No mush , no fuss.

There is really nothing to do these days. Other than heading to my favorite watering holes and ristorantes, that is getting old. I'm sick of drinking and seeing the same people all the time. I am feeling like Mary Poppins when she feels the wind change, it is time to leave and spread good cheer among new friends. I know I sound a bit dramatic, but I feel when you overstay your welcome you must just phase yourself out or leave as soon as possible, whichever works better. I know my friends don't want me to leave but unless I had another purpose here rather than being a barfly and a nanny all at once, it would be a different story. I would be broke....hahaha!

Anyways, my life here is winding down and going back to Chicago will be very different for me. But it is all for the best. I know Firenze could never leave my soul so I'm not worried.

a presto

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun in the country. I'm sorry Firenze is gettin' a bit old these days. I wish that the Tango class would have worked out for you (as in, I wish they hadn't disappeared like that) - it's important to have activities (other than going to bars), otherwise a city can get old pretty quickly.
You still have a couple of months there, maybe check out the salsa scene or sign up for belly dance classes... to make some new friends for the next time you come back! :-)