18 July 2007

I'm Ready for the Beach...

I have been working with the girls for the past 3 days. I am beat. I am off now for 4 days total and I am enjoying it. It is hella hot but I am dealing with it as I usually do. I just except the fact that I will be sweating all day and I can't do anything about it.

I have been trying to reflect a little here and there on my adventure as it is winding down. Very little because if I think too much it leads to stress and frustration. But these days, now that I know I am leaving for home, I am not worrying as much. Having my good-looking Italian friends to distract me is a plus and a great bit of eye candy that helps me think of many other things. :-)

All I'm thinking about is the beach these days. Even though I will be Pee Wee Camp counselor, Katie, I know it will be fun and a relaxing period. For all of us. It has been tension city here with V and I. She and I are just not getting along as well as we used to. But I think it is normal considering how long I have been living here. The last au pair was only here from March to September. I have been here almost 5 months on the 31st of July. WOW! I am so impressed with myself. This is a new record of me, and I have achieved it all on my own. Let it be a stressful transition or challenging move, but I DID IT!!! I did what I wanted to do. With the will and strength that lives inside me. No one else can take credit for this(well my parents can because they were there believing in me when I thought I couldn't finish the goal). But overall it was of my doing, my determination, my dream.

I even went through all the levels of Italian at Giorgia La Pira. What an accomplishment! I am still struggling here and there with speaking but I know if I keep it up I will get better.

I look back now, not even thinking I could accomplish so much, but here I am living in Firenze, speaking the language, and living the life I set out for.

I deserve the beach....I have been so very busy this past year.

a presto

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? Darling, if I remember correctly (and if I look at your January blog entries) you have been here since early January, which would mean that you have been here almost 7 months (by the end of July), not 5! I met you in January, remember? :-)

Anonymous said...

P.S. Yes you do deserve the beach!