31 August 2007

On my own....a Firenze

I am now back in Firenze. It was hard leaving Elena and Piffi, very hard. Elena gave me a note with some money, saying thanks on how much I helped her. I almost started to cry in front of her but I saved that for when I walked around the property, Camporsevoli. Piffi drove me to the Chiusi station on the way(as usual) he told me stories. I thanked him whole-heartedly for the wine, (huge amounts of his wine)his stories, and his kindness.

"I have no words." He said with a great big smile. "All I'm going to say is come back soon and you are always welcome."

Ok, I am tearing up here.

When I was playing with Maria the first days I got back to the country, she likes to play this telephone game, she is always talking to either my mom or Addy. This time she handed the phone to me, I asked:

"Who is it?"
"Tua Mama."
"What is she saying?"
"Non vuole andare a Chicago."
"She doesn't want me to come back to Chicago? I have to stay with you forever?"
"Si!" She said with a smile.

And a few days before I left she was talking to my mom once again on her pretend phone:

"Puoi tornare a Chicago."
"My mom said I can come home?"
"Si." she said with a sad face.

I almost lost it right there. To change subjects of crying I grabbed the little monkey and kissed her all over, just how my Mom kisses me.

It doesn't seem like I'm leaving yet....it will hit me fast.

Last night everyone of my friends asked me about my departure. I said:

"I'm not discussing it."

a presto

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh girl I can feel your pain...

Roam2Rome said...

Yes, me too! departures are never easy!