17 August 2007

Back to Firenze

So after 3 weeks with the family in Bolgheri, I am back in my citta. It was a great 3 weeks, not too stressful. It was a vacation but their vacation, I understood this so I accepted my position. She thanked me whole -heartedly and kissed me goodbye yesterday as Guido drove me to Cecina to catch the train. As I was waiting for the train I was getting a bit sad cuz I know when I finally get back to Firenze at the end of the month I will be packing and getting ready to head back home. I have stopped telling people here I am leaving, if they ask what I am doing after the job, I tell them of course, but other than that, I keep my month shut.

I am happy to go home I miss the life there. I saw my niece walking around on my webcam yesterday and realized that I don't want to miss anything else in her life.

I am heading to Lunch with Simo my friend of almost 6 years. I will be back later and write more.

a presto

2 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Oh Katie, you're so young--you have so many adventures ahead of you. You need to do what's best for you right now, and lucky for you, your heart knows what that is :)

Very few things in life are entirely happy or entirely sad occasions, and leaving Italy will be no different for you. Focus on the positive and look ahead to the future--how exciting!

Anonymous said...

You're not "leaving" Italy - you're just going to the States. You'll be back in Italy later. :-)
But I do feel sad when I think about how you must feel - missing your niece back home, while at the same time having to say "arrivederci" to Firenze soon.. it's such a mixed bag of feelings, isn't it!
I'm so proud of you.