01 April 2007

Nana and Papa Visit





The time with my grandparents came and went. Rather fast. It was a chance of a lifetime. I enjoyed myself so much, it seems such a surreal experience.

I arrived in Milano with an anticipating attitude in seeing my nana and papa, and cugina Alina. We planned this whole trip out for them. It was something for Nana.

I met Alina outside the train station and then we were off to Bellano. Bellano is a small little village on the lakeside of Lago di Como. On the way to Bellano, there was incredible scenes that comes from living on a Lake. Gorgeous cliffs, houses way far up that brings you to think, 'How does one get up there?' It was fabulous. Although Alina and i Nonni were very tired from the trip, I tried to keep them all in high spirits until it was bedtime.

As we arrive to Bellano I looked out for my Zio Lorenzo. THERE HE IS!!! We made our way thru the station and up to the platform to greet him. It was a great feeling to see him again. He is a great man!

We drove up to his Flat on the Lake, up a winding curvy road and ended at a gated garage of some kind. Alina and I look at each other with the look of "WOW". We enter into his gorgeous Flat on the lake and I immediately run out to the Terrace. Of course after hugging and meeting for the first time my Uncle Frank and Aunt Rossetta.

The times we had around the dinner, lunch, and breakfast table are memorable and also a little disturbing (ie the lesbian talk) but all in all the trip was once in a lifetime. To have all of those family members in one place reminising on times in the country of Italia and times in Ledbury.

Going to Farneta was an experience that moved me so much. There was so much of Nana's history and our heritage in that little town. Even though there was snow on the ground, I was still sweating with the anticipation of finding Francesco Iori's name on a memorial in the middle of the town. He was Nana's Uncle that died when he was 18 in WWI. I took many videos of our experiences during this trip that I am posting on youtube and will attach a link to this blog. So you all can enjoy the 20 second videos...sorry my camera doesn't have much memory.

I wish I could have brought Nana and Papa to many different places in Florence. But the limited time we had was the downfall, it was still a blast! Papa bought one thing, an Italia hat.
"It was only 6 euro!" Papa said to Nana
"Well that is all you get to buy." Nana said to Papa.

Oh my it was great to have this experience and chance to show Nana and Papa my citta!!

I will post the videos asap. The pictures are all downloaded if you click on my Picasa pictures.

ciao for now, thanks to Alina for getting the car and driving. Thanks to Nana and Papa for being the best Grandparents I could ask for!! Love you all...miss you more!!

a presto

1 comment:

erin said...

Hey! You're back :) I was wondering where you went...but I see you were having wonderful experiences in the meantime! Can't wait for the videos.