22 October 2006

Almost done....perhaps not...

Well...I almost have all the right paperwork for the good ole consulate, I mean Italia. My favorite place on earth. I am waiting for my Dad to get our certificates out of the safety deposit box, and I wrote to my Nana's home town to see if they can send me a similiar letter with proof she was born in Montefiorino just like Grandpa. Good news there.

As for my book, well, I am still technically working on it. Some have asked me to post a portion of it on my blog but alas, I feel it still needs more work. From the help my British amica, Giovanna. She has been proofreading for me and tells me I need to work on it just a bit more. (katie types in a british accent) :-)

I do want to start writing again. About my adventures going on at this moment, citizenship, finding a family in conjunction with being an au pair, and finally finding myself. I still feel there is a lot more to who I am. I suppose this past year being back in my hometown, in my childhood bedroom, in my parents house, amongst my siblings, and old photos, I must be ready to venture off again. Being around this safe environment of "Nana's house, being home at a decent time, not drinking heavily at the bars with friends, staying home on a friday AND saturday night to watch reruns of Law and Order:SVU with mom, blogging my way thru the weekend" seems to be leading me somewhere that encompasses me being in an unfamilar place. So I am able to challenge myself even farther than before. Why not huh? I think the things that are the most worthwhile is the things we are most afraid of. (isn't that a line in a movie?) So like I posted a few weeks before about Dr. John Poling, he once said to me:

"The royal road to achieving genuine satisfaction in life is going the bloodly hard way."

Words to live by.

No comments: