23 October 2006

Moving would make it go faster...

I was just reading on Expats in Italy about how this woman and her husband have obtained citizenship by going to the comune his grandfather was born in. I read and read and read and READ how she (or should I say her husband) did it. I read people complaining about the consulates all over the States, how slow they were, how inconsiderate they were or are, how they were just not helpful, how they wouldn't stop this couple for obtaining a right of jure sanguis.

All this bitching got me thinking, if this whole citizenship thru the consulate doesn't work for me, what the hell, I will try this process. I will move to Montefiorino, my Nana and Great Grandfathers' hometown and apply with all my papers in hand.

It is so funny how this one guy on this forum was writing in an angry and frustrated tone how pissed he is with the consulate in Chicago and how he thought he will be screwed if he can't obtain citizenship here. Someone replied back, Just move there, that is what you plan on doing anyways.

He got really offended by that remark, Move? NOW!

When will it ever be the right time to follow your heart unless you just jump in head first. No need to get your panties in a bunch....just take the leap and go for it!

No comments: