25 June 2007

The Hotness continues...


I am lucky to have the pool of Elena and Pifi at my beck and call. Alas even when I am in the pool these days it is like bath water. So not as refreshing as I hoped. But still I wouldn't give that option away for a second.

These days it seems people have been on edge, perhaps because of the heat. I found out yesterday that Franco, the backbone of Lorenzaccio, passed away on Friday. He had advanced throat cancer and refused to get it treated whatsoever, he just wanted to live. I never got to know him fully but I would always give him a 'Ciao, or Grazie' when I was there. I felt the sadness falling around me when I went over to greet my friends. Guiseppe was by far the saddest of them all.

"Katie, I really miss Franco."

I was so sad.

I went to see my friend Michelangelo he gave me the best smiles. But I knew he was crying inside. He kept saying 'thank you' but I felt I was not of any help. I just stood by him for about 10 minutes in silence, looking onto to his tan face and he kept on smiling. Just as long as he knew I was there, made me feel I somewhat helped.

Above is my friend Michelangelo....that is my favorite picture of us, on my birthday.

I find that the more I stay here the more and more I am embedded in this citta. Among my friends, expats, the family, and Americans there is no way you can keep me away from this place.

a presto

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Michelangelo! Give him a hug from me. Hope he's okay.

And while you're at it, give Alessio a hug from me too. I love that guy.