14 September 2006

Parliamo Italiano insieme


Nana and I went to an Italian language group Ieri sera. It was lovely seeing my Nana speaking her native lingua. SHE WAS SOOOOO HAPPY!!!! And that in return made me happy! The group consisted of a bunch of older people that seemed to be very well aquainted already. So we felt rather left out. Alas we did have a great conversation with a charming man named Gino and his sorella Julia. They were fabulous to talk to! Also there was a man that sat next to me named Niccola, who looked so familiar to me. He was very kind and warm. My greatest joy of the evening was to hear my Nana said, "I think I want to join that Italian language group in my community."

She loves to talk and be social just like me. That is probably why she is my best friend!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katerina!

That is such an excellent thing going to an Italian group with your nonna. This will definitely improve your Italian! WOW you also have a young looking nonna! Complimenti

Anonymous said...

I love bonding with my nonna over the Italian language. Keep it up! She must be so proud of you.