11 June 2006

What If...


What if I never went to Italy in the first place? I refuse to think of how my life would be if I never ventured.

I am in the process of getting my citizenship. I already applied but needed the original birth and death certificates of my great-grandparents. My great uncle Lorenzo is going back to their birth towns to get them for me. He is an amazing man. My Nana and her 3 brothers were born there and she hasn't been back in 53 years!!! She married an American. My Papa, no one else like him.

It is nice to have a special bond with her. She calls me her "true Italian granddaughter". I went to her pool this weekend and we had a great chat. Talking about life, love, and loss. She is so funny and my best friend. She knows more about my passion than anyone else. Alas I must not tell her yet I plan on moving there because she isn't too keen on me leaving,again.

She explains, "Wait til after I die, so I can watch over you."

"NANA!!!!"

Little does she know is that my cousin, Alina, and I are planning a trip for her to go back to meet up with her brothers in Lago di Como. Bravissma!!

No comments: