28 August 2006

Is everything planned in our lives???

I read an article in the newspaper yesterday about a friend of mine that was in a tragic car accident. The car in front of him drove over a piece and sheet metal and it was flung into his windshield and it struck him in the neck and head. Is our lives planned out?? Was there a no way he could've avoided this tragic accident?? Or was there a way or a choice he could've made that would've have changed the outcome?

I keep thinking that the choices I have made that have drawn me closer to Italy is all ME! NO ONE has directed my life in the way it has unfolded right now. However, my Nana was born in Italy and My Nonna (my Nana's mom), who always called me on birthday, as well, maybe my path was already decided for me because of my background. My Nana wanted to travel the world, she had my drive, but she got married young. My Nonna was an independent and never wanted to hear the word "no". She was driven just like me. She was selfish and always wanted attention. In many ways, Nana, Nonna, and I are sooooo similar. Was this path already made once I was born??

I know this is deep thinking, but I am curious if anyone else thinks like this.

I have decided that I am uncertain on whether our lives are planned or developed by us.

Now that I am in my mid-20s, I feel that I can't waste one day. I am constantly trying to find a way to live, thrive, and BE in Italy!

2 comments:

Alex said...

Only comment I would like to make is: DON’T wait for one more minute. If you wanna go, just go. Life is too short for any kind of regrets. I am 44 and I KNOW that I have waited way too long. What I waste of time, time we don’t have. So…full speed ahead girl:))))

Anonymous said...

I am drawn to anything Italian also. All my grandparents were from Italy and how I wish I had the opportunity to travel and live in Italy for a year. Go! Have fun!